Wednesday, December 20, 2017

~ Life Without a Mixer #2~








 photo 012_zps1c5ae5e3.jpg
yummy brownies!
Hershey's Best Brownies

1 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat, but the recipe isn't affected by what kind of flour you use.)
2\3 cup Hershey cocoa powder
1\2 teaspoon baking soda
1\2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts (In the picture above, I used sunflower seeds.)

Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C)

 While the oven is preheating, in a mixing bowl (using a rubber spatula instead of an electric mixer) cream sugar and butter together. Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Using the same rubber spatula, mix until well blended, about five minutes. Fold in the nuts of your choice. Pour batter into a 9-by-13 glass casserole dish. Bake at 350 F ( 176 C ) for
 20-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with baked brownie pieces on it. Cool completely and enjoy!


(I have always loved being in the kitchen, I started baking when I was nine, and I was cooking meals at 14.)

Some things I would change in this recipe are,  DO NOT ADD SUNFLOWER SEEDS! They honestly didn't add any good flavor to the brownies, and they became soggy during the baking process.  If I were to make these again, I would use  peanuts, pecans, or walnuts.


Blessings!
Chef A.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.