Tuesday, December 05, 2017

~How To Choose The Perfect Blog Name~





Choosing a blog name can be daunting, a little bit scary, and sometimes hopeless. But I am here to help you choose the perfect name that suits you and your blog. Okay, maybe not help you, but I will at least try to guide you.

Step 1:
Decide what your blog will be about.
What will you be blogging about? A cooking blog? A fashion blog? An encouragement blog? A blog where you just ramble on?
  I knew that my blog was going to be a diary of-sorts about my life. I decided that "Becoming Virtuous" fit me perfectly, as I strive to be the virtuous woman described in Proverbs 31.  Once you decide on what you're going to be blogging about, then you can start on step 2.

Step 2:
Brainstorm, complete with thought lightening and idea thunder.
Okay, maybe that's a little cheesy, but it's true. The more you think about names, the more names you'll come up with. It took me about a week to think of the name for this blog, and I'm so glad I took the time to think about it.


Step 3:

Think of word placing.
This one is important. You want your blog to roll off the readers tongue; and you want your blog name to catch the eye of the reader. Try to come up with a name that grabs attention, but isn't gaudy or obnoxious. 
I knew I didn't want anything like "A Virtuous Lady" "Virtuous Woman" or "Living Virtuously", because those just didn't like those (no offense to anyone with those names! The names just weren't my cup of tea) I thought it was unique enough that it would catch the readers eye.



Here is a picture of the moon, to give you a break from reading.




Step 4:

Write The name down a few times.
This is a step you can skip over if you want to; but writing it down and saying it aloud will definitely help you see what needs to be moved, shortened, lengthened, deleted, or added. You don't want a name that is so long that you need eight whole lines to write it down, but if this is what you want to do with your name, then go ahead! The great thing about blogging is that the blog should reflect YOU.  If you want a long name, then go for a long name; if you want a short name, go for a short name; and so on and so forth!

Step 5:   
Create your blog!
Now that you have completed all these steps, you should (or not, if this list doesn't make sense) be able to think of a neat, creative blog name. If the name doesn't sound right to you just yet, then keep trying until you get the perfect name.  I fell in love with my blog name the second I thought of it, so it was a no-brainer that it would sound perfect (to me, at least)


I really hope that this post has helped you in deciding a blog name! When you have your very own blog, leave a comment so I can visit it! Much love, Abigail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.