Friday, January 26, 2018

~Modest Outfit Of The Day : Episode 1~

For today's outfit, I went for a 50's skirt and button-up shirt look, with a neck-scarf.

 I always try to be unique when I choose my clothing, but sometimes you just have to use other people to get the desired look.
The inspiration for today's outfit comes from the women in "The Andy Griffith Show" (which I have been obsessed with watching recently), an Audrey Hepburn look (kind of), and 50's fashion templates (which can be found on Google and Pinterest by typing in "50s Fashion".)

I've always loved the 40s-60s looks, mainly  because they are elegant, simple, comfortable, and adorable.  This is a really simple and easy-to-copy outfit that I didn't know I loved until I put it on this morning. You could easily recreate this look and make it your own. 


Here's the outfit, where I got the clothes from, and roughly how much I spent on each item.




From top to bottom:

Scarf -- I'm not sure where I got this from, but it came in a pack of two, and it was about $5 for both of them.

Shirt --  From Ross for $7.99

Skirt -- Church-owned thrift-store in my hometown for  $2.99

Shoes- Salvation Army thrift-store for $3.00

Undershirt -- $1.79 at Walmart.
 I added it for warmth because it was a bit chilly today.


How to recreate this outfit:

First, I started off with a button up shirt, solid color is best, but you could also try plaid ( like I did)
or you could go for stripes or polka dots for a more festive look.
After that, I got my "tube" style (which is like a pencil skirt, but not as tight)  khaki skirt. 
An a-line, circle/half circle, or pencil skirt will do, because these were the skirt styles that were "In" at that time. As long as the skirt can be tucked in, it will be fine.




After you tuck the shirt into the skirt, button up all the buttons and add a small scarf, or don't .It's up to you on how this part of the outfit can go.



You could add a pearl necklace instead of the scarf, or you could wear a belt with the skirt, or you could layer a small vest over the shirt. The possibilities are endless with this type of outfit!

I didn't get a picture of my hair, but I pulled it back in a simple half-up half-down hairdo.

I really hope I helped you come up with an adorable outfit or two!
I can't wait to see what  the next episode of
 Modest Outfit Of The Day
 brings!

Blessings!
 Abigail Joy







3 comments:

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.