Sunday, May 21, 2017

~When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder...~


 When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
and the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;




           When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,

and the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.















On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,

and the glory of His resurrection share;






When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

and the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there







Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun;

let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;








Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,

and the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there. 







When the roll is called up yonder,

when the roll is called up yonder,

when the roll is called up yonder,
when the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.









This has always been one of my favorite hymns.
 It tells of one's  longing to be in Heaven.
 In that Home above the skies
. Those pearly gates and golden streets call you, 
they beckon you as you wake, and lull you to sleep at night. 
The sound of Angel's singing keeps your daily toil going.
 The thought of gazing on Jesus' sweet face,
 or dancing around the Throne of God, is the reason you are so enthusiastic about life. 
Yes, this song has always been so dear to me, for it reminds me that, after all is said and done, after I have done everything I can for Him,
 after my eyes close for the last time,
 that 
I'll Be There.


My younger brother took all these pictures. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.