Thursday, May 18, 2017

~How to Keep in Touch With Out-of-State Family~

I have a lot of family who lives far away, and even out of state.
 Out of my five older brothers and sisters, three (along with their wives, husbands, and children) live more than two states away. The other two live thirty, and sixty minutes away. 
My own mother's parents live an hour and a half away.
 My parents, younger siblings, and I are on an island of sorts.
 I am so thankful for technology and media making it possible for me to see and talk to them all every day. One of the other ways we keep in touch, however, is by writing letters. It is such a fun thing to see your letter in the mailbox, and then receiving a letter in turn. My special way is to write little newsletters. I used to write them every month, but I became so busy, that they soon stretched out to two months, and then three, and finally, I decided to write quarterly letters. What do I write about? Well, anything that I would want to hear if my family lived many miles away.
News from home, funny things that have happened to my family, our daily lives, anything I want basically.
  Not only is it fun to write, I always get messages from the receivers of the letters, telling me that they read and reread the letters to themselves and their children.  I encourage you, if you have far away family, write to them. You don't know how much of a smile it will bring to them.


Philippians 1:3 
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.


The newsletters getting their addresses put on.

2 comments:

  1. Before my mom bought a computer and we started email, she and I wrote letters for several years. (We lived 8 hours apart) my mom died two years ago, and I treasure her letters more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet! In my opinion, writing is the perfect way to correspond with others. Blessings!

      Delete

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.