Monday, April 02, 2018

~Random Book Haul~

I decided to do a random, unplanned book haul for you. To show my recent purchases or gifts.
I. Love. Books! I always have.
 I have been collecting books since I was 11, when I received my first book, an abridged copy of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott; which I read repeatedly until it sadly fell apart at the seams.
I hope you enjoy the book haul!


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis complete collection.
My (amazing, sweet) Mother has always bought us one book every time we go to a thriftstore for as long as I can remember. So I may have taken advantage of that by often looking for books more than other items of need or want. I found this collection of The Chronicles of Narnia the last time we went to Goodwill, and, let me tell you.. I was very excited when I did! My older sister had a copy of this, but took it with her when she got hitched, and I've been on the lookout ever since.



1984 by George Orwell
I have read Orwell's other works, and was excited to find this at a book sale because I've been wanting to read it. Now, if I don't like it, I can just re-gift it ~smile~  
I bought it at a book sale for 50 cents.





And I found these beauties at a church book sale. I love Dear America and My America Diaries, and I've been collecting them for as long as I can remember.  
I'm not sure who the authors are, but the books are
My Face to the Wind
Land of the Buffalo Bones
and 
Lady of Ch'iao  Kuo
They were $2.00 each, a good deal if I do say so myself! 


As you can see, I have a growing stash of these books. About half of them were my older sister's, until she relinquished her claim  got married and gave them to me.  I love the stories they tell, and how they each transport me to a different time in history.



What books are you collecting? Do you have a favorite series? 
Blessings! 
Abigail. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your collections! Psst...look for needs first from now on. LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, every book is a need ~smile~. But, there are a few I'm on the lookout for.

      Delete

Ephesians 4:29-30 KJV.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.